ACTIVE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Certain features on this Web Site, such as the “Contact Us” form, may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information, such as your name, title, occupation, business, homes address, business address, telephone number, fax number or e-mail address (collectively, the “PII”). You can choose not to provide certain information.
When you visit, interact or download information from the Web Site, our web servers may automatically collect web site usage information. Web site usage information is non-PII that describes how our visitors use and navigate this Web Site. Web site usage information may include, without limitation, the number and frequency of visitors to each web page, the length of stay on each web page, browser type, the preceding and subsequent page viewed, and an Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
We may also collect your IP address or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the internet, as applicable (collectively, the “Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer, cell phone or other device used to access the internet. Our computers identify your device by its Device Identifier. We may associate your Device Identifier with other information you provide.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect information when you use this Web Site. This information may include browser type, operating system and IP address. The methods that may be used to collect this information include the following:
Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a computer when it is used to visit this Web Site. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences and web pages visited while using this Web Site. You may disable cookies using your browser’s preferences, but some features of this Web Site may not function properly or may operate slowly if you disable cookies.
Web Beacons. A web beacon is a small graphic image or other web programming code (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included in our Web Site pages or e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened, to serve users with relevant content at the Web Site, count Web Site visitors, monitor Web Site traffic patterns, and/or count how many articles or links were actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with this Web Site, such as which links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or third party provider, is active only while you are connected to the Web Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Mobile Device Identifiers. A mobile device identifiers are certain mobile service providers which uniquely identify mobile devices. We or our third-party providers may receive such device information if you access the Web Site through mobile devices. Certain features of our Web Site may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Additionally, some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their services. Depending on the provider, we or our third-party service providers may receive this information.
Information collected through passive means may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. In the latter case, it will be treated as PII.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, questions or requests;
- To send you newsletters, e-mails and other communications for which you have registered;
- To monitor and statistically analyze usage of the Web Site and to improve the Web Site and/or product and services offerings;
- To administer the Web Site’s systems, to audit the Web Site and for other internal business purposes;
- To customize the advertising and content you see;
- To add to our database, subscriber lists and/or contact lists;
- To comply with a judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order such as a subpoena, search warrant, discovery request or other valid law enforcement measure or investigation;
- To protect the legal rights, interests and safety of the Web Sites, our users or others in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and law enforcement agencies;
- When we employ third parties to perform functions or services on our behalf, including, without limitation, third party hosting companies communication services and data analysts; or
- To share with and among our affiliates or in the event there is any transfer, sale, or assignment of any of our business and/or assets or in the event of any other corporate change.
- Tom Barrow Co may provide third parties with non-PII information such as aggregate information regarding users of the Web Site, demographic information, the number of unique page requests, unique users of our Web Site and aggregate information on the types of activities users conducted while on the Web Site.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
Your privacy is important to us. Tom Barrow Co uses reasonable efforts and safeguards to protect the PII we collect on this Web Site from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that PII will be protected in all situations and circumstances. All information you transmit to Tom Barrow Co via the Web Site is at your own risk.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
This Web Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in Canada, the European Union or elsewhere outside the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Web Site or by providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
UPDATING/CORRECTING YOUR PII AND CONTACTING Tom Barrow Co
This Web Site may contain pages through which you can change your preferences or update the PII you have provided to us through the Web Site. If you register to receive e-mail, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions provided to you in the applicable communication. You can contact Tom Barrow Co directly in order to: (i) update or correct the PII that we store about you; or (ii) direct us to render inactive on our systems all your PII. Please note that if you request us to render inactive your PII, we may still use aggregate non-PII, and some PII that you provided may continue to reside on backup tapes and other non-active systems for data restoration purposes. We will not manually delete PII from such backup media.
The Web Site is a general audience web site. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any PII from children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not expect children to be attracted to or to use this Web Site. In the event we discover that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided this Web Site with PII, we will delete such child’s PII from our database.