Posted on June 14, 2023
Our Birmingham team doesn't back down from a challenge, even when the project has multiple hurdles.
Recently, the team was asked to build a new Nortek Air Solutions Air Handling unit for an educational facility in an extremely tight basement. The Birmingham team is accustomed to working within small footprints, but this project was complex in other ways as well.
The project provided multiple challenges:
- Replacing an existing built-up unit
- Utilizing knock-down construction to get the unit into the space
- Fitting the unit around an existing structural column
- Lining up all existing duct work with the new unit
- Giving the customer better access to all sections
- Providing redundancy by using Fan Wall with Individual Backdraft Dampers
- Improving energy efficiency and performance
With over 30 years of combined experience and industry knowledge, even with these challenges, the TBCo Birmingham team was up to the task and came through for the customer with flying colors!