Posted on June 22, 2023
Early detection of a refrigerant leak helps prevent dangerous health consequences to occupants, reduces significant loss of expensive refrigerant, and decreases energy costs.
If a leak does occur, a fixed gas detection system permanently installed near the chiller equipment in an area where a refrigerant leak is most likely to concentrate will ensure people will be alerted and kept safe.
The CGAS IR Refrigerant Gas Detector from Critical Environment Technologies provides accurate, low level leak detection of refrigerant gases commonly used in commercial refrigeration systems. The long life, NDIR refrigerant sensor with dual beam technology ensures stability, anti-interference, and high accuracy.
Protect people, decrease energy, and reduce loss of refrigerant.
Choose from 30+ types of refrigerant gas sensors, including A2L refrigerants, SF6, and CO2 (R744).
Standard features include:
- Analog models have 4-20 mA or user configurable voltage output
- Digital models have Modbus or BACnet output
- 1 SPDT internal relay
- Internal alarm
- Low temperature operation
- Supermarkets / Grocery stores
- Walk-in Coolers & Freezers
- Refrigerated Mechanical Rooms
- Commercial Chiller Equipment Rooms
- Food storage / Cold Storage Rooms
- Food Processing Plants
- Food & Beverage Service Facilities
- ...and many more!
When part of a system with the DCC or FCS, complies with refrigeration safety codes ASHRAE No 15-2001 Mechanical Standard and B-52 Code.
Contact your local TBCo branch location for more information.